The snow dusted the top of the north shore mountains this past week, which hopefully means winter is here to stay in Vancouver. The drop in temperature and a bit of the “white stuff” has me super excited about the snow season. All I can now think about is snowboarding and breaking in my new set of skis.
The last week has been a bit of a whirlwind. There is a good chance that Dan and I may move to New Zealand for a couple years in January or February. Which makes me even more eager to take full advantage of all that British Columbia has to offer. The final decision has yet to be made, but in the meantime I’ve been taking time to reflect on the past two years here in Vancouver.
This gluten-free Banana Bread recipe is the perfect loaf for a winter getaway. Not only is it moist and delicious, but is quite easy to make once you have the recipes on hand!
- 3 mashed baking bananas
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup rice flour
- ½ cup gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup almond meal / flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- About a tablespoon of cinnamon
- Teaspoon of nutmeg
- ¾ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil (melted), vanilla, brown sugar and coconut sugar in a bowl
- In another bowl mix rice, corn and almond meal flour. Add in baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a medium sized bowl stir in dry mix to wet mix, stir to good consistency. Add in the chocolate chips (optional).
- Pour batter in baking pan and cook for 30 mins.