This weekend marked my first riding day of the season. Instead up heading up to Whistler for opening weekend like I would normally do; a few of us went down to check out Mt. Baker. By 630 AM on Saturday morning we were already on the road eager to get down to make it there for first chair. Despite not being able to enjoy my regular weekend sleep in– it was most certainly worth the early morning rise. We couldn’t have asked for more beautiful weather on Saturday, bluebird and -3. What surprised me the most, was the lack of lift line ups and the completely affordable apres drinks post riding. I’m so excited for this winter season. Next weekend we’ll be looking to head up to Whistler or Big White. My fingers are crossed that there’s some snow in the forecast.
Having snacks to fuel the body while riding all day is essential. That’s why these delicious little Raw Energy Bites are the perfect healthy snack option! A little sweet something to keep you going. They’re quick, easy to make and can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
- ⅔ cup toasted coconut flakes
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- ⅓ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (the smaller the better). Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 20-25 balls.